Monday, July 30, 2012

Roll with the punches

July 18... Meg is sitting on my lap and my phone vibrates,  she starts to giggle.  Then she turns to me and says, "Was that your phone, or did I just toot?"  How do you not LOVE that?

Today is July 30th, and I think I am doing pretty well.  I have been massaging the scars like the Dr. Told me to, and today there seems to be small BB sized something just above the scar from the drain.  So I called the Dr and he wants to see it.  I don't want it to be anything big, but I don't want it be something dumb like a zit.  Hopefully it's just some scar tissue, or something from the stitches.  

Just found this video, it really sums up how I feel lately!



I have been thinking a lot about this whole thing.  I have had a few people ask me if I have had cancer. I of course say yes.  But there is a part of me that always feels like I shouldn't be able to say that.   It seem likes this has not been as hard as other people's bouts with cancer.  As, I was thinking about this, I started to cry.  I realized that my struggle is no less than any other one.  It may not be as difficult, but it is just as important.  It was a reminder from my Heavenly Father, that I matter.

This experience has also reminded me of how blessed I am with wonderful friends.  So many of my friends have rallied around me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment