Saturday, September 15, 2012

SUN!!

I finally saw the sun.

Yes, it's mid September and I think this is the first I have seen sun this summer.   I was at kids soccer games most of the day.   I did a great job of making sure my scar had sunscreen, but not much else.  (Notice the sunburn is just on the right side, seems no matter what game I was at the sun stayed on that side.)

The really amazing thing to me when I see this picture, is how small this scar is.  I know some people may think it is big.  But I remember how much of his neck my Pops lost to this same thyroid cancer.  Once again, I realize how blessed I am.  Not that Dad wasn't blessed, he lived over 40 years after his cancer.  I just know that having it now there are so many medical advances, that it so much easier.  Thanks Dad for paving the way and making it easier for me.  I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment