Sunday, September 30, 2012

Procedure

So I had the procedure on Friday.

I woke up with a migraine and it stayed the entire day okay weekend.

Heidi took me up to the hospital.  As I was in the hall I heard the funniest thing.  Here we are in the same day operation area and I hear a worker ask someone, "Do you have any health problems?"  It made me giggle.

Lots of Dr's and nurses came and went and finally they wheeled me into another room, but by then I was out.  I woke up with the same headache, and just a little abdominal discomfort.  At one point I really really needed to go to the bathroom, but the nurse felt like taking my blood pressure while taking out my IV was more important.  It know it is surprising, but my blood pressure was going crazy.  I don't really know where it should be but it was doing all kinds of crazy stuff.  Once the IV was out it settled down a bit and then I got one of the nurses to let me go the bathroom, and I felt much better.

The nurse was really nice.  She sat and chatted with me.  It was really really nice.  She talked to me about recovery, but also about being ready for the emotional stuff that tends to follow after any surgery.  I was like a light went on...that is what happened with the thyroid surgery.  My frustration and anger were normal. It was so nice to hear someone say I wasn't crazy.  It was surprising to feel so safe with this lady.  She talked about some her struggles in life and how as women we are so hard on ourselves.  How we would NEVER allow anyone to treat someone else the way we allow ourselves to be treated.  That we need to be kinder to ourselves and allow other to do the same.  Heidi went to get  the car and she stayed with me and walked me to the car.  She apologized for getting so personal, but she said something about me drew her to me and she felt safe opening up and sharing with me.  It's amazing how Heavenly Father puts people in our live so we can help each other.

I spent the evening at Deans with Alex aka Dr Banner/Hawkeye watching out for me.  We watched Avengers (as noted by Alex's alias).  Then he slept on the floor beside me to be sure I did okay during the night.  I took pain pills but mostly for my head.

Heidi and I did lunch on Saturday and I had a few sweet sisters from the ward check up on me.  I am just taking it easy this weekend and hopefully by Monday I will be okay to work.  I feel okay, just tired.    Okay and a bit anxious to find out the results of the biopsy.


No comments:

Post a Comment